Before this online mode applying for a driving license was only possible by visiting the RTO Office physically but after the Digital India Campaign, it has been made very easy for an individual to apply for their Driving License in minutes while sitting at their home through online modes.
How to Apply For a Driving License in Easy Steps?
- Firstly visit the official site of the transport Ministry i.e. parivahan.gov.in. Scroll down and go to the option of Drivers/ Learners License. Select the State from the List of States. Once you select the State you’ll be able to see that the contactless services have been started on the website through which you’ll be able to access the services of the RTO Office without visiting the Office while sitting at your place.
- Close the Pop-up and select the option of ‘Apply for Learners License’. After that select continue to proceed further. Choose your category from the drop-down menu. Choose ‘Applicant doesn’t hold any Driving License issued in India’ out of the given options and submit.
- After that, a new page asking for the mode of making the Driving License will appear which gives 2 options which are: (i) Submit via Aadhar Authentication; (ii) Submit without Aadhar Authentication. Choose the first option of ‘ Submit via Aadhar Authentication’ to complete the process online which allows the Test of Driving License online through Mobile Phone or Laptop. If the applicant chooses the second option of ‘Submit without Aadhar Authentication’ then he/she will have to visit the RTO Office for the test. Submit after choosing the option.
- On the next page choose the option of ‘Aadhar number’ and fill in your Aadhar Number in the given box and then generate the OTP. You’ll receive an OTP on your registered Mobile Number. Enter that OTP and authenticate it after checking the given two Terms and Conditions boxes. You’ll be able to see your details with your photograph. Proceed after checking it. A pop-up will appear showing your area’s RTO Office as per your Aadhar Card and asking if that is correct. Select ‘OK’ and proceed to fill out the form.
- Fill in your qualification details and Mobile Number, email ID, and the required details marked with red asterisks. Scroll down after filling out the form select the vehicle you wish to drive from the given options and use the arrow option to shift the selected categories of vehicle to the next box. Select the Driving School Name from the list if you have learned driving from a school. Fill out your Self-Declaration Form and submit it after accepting the Terms and Conditions. Use the back button to go back to the form complete it and submit.
- Once your application is submitted successfully you’ll be given an Application Reference Number. Keep the Number safe with you or you can also print it to save it. Select Next and see your entire application Form and upload your required documents after checking the box of Terms and Conditions.
- For age proof, you can upload a High School Marksheet/ Aadhar Card/Indian Passport/ Voter ID, etc. Choose the file, view it, and confirm it.
- Upload your Signature picture. View and Upload the same.
The final step asks you to proceed with the payment through online modes of Net Banking/Cards/UPI. Complete your payment and save or print your payment slip.
Visit the application status page to see the Road Safety Tutorial video of the Test by generating the OTP and selecting the video language. After watching the video you will be eligible for appearing for the LL Test online. Login through the password given your through text message by the Parivahan Department. Give the test and once you pass it you’ll be given the Learner’s License accordingly.